It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-06-10

Weather report

2010-06-09

On the way in this morning I noticed something funny about the clouds. The high clouds were those choppy feathered clouds. I heard somewhere that this means there are high speed winds at high altitudes. They looked like they were headed East more or less.

As I road on the bus I noticed the low layer of clouds appeared to be moving north West. This means they were headed in nearly opposite directions. This cannot be good. That sort of thing cannot ever be a good sigh for the day's weather.

Sure enough, my mother texts me that Houston was under a tornado watch until 16:00. The weather was coming from San Antonio. That sounds about right. The high level winds would dictate the direction of the weather system's travel. The lower level flow would be directed to the storm if it is building.

Just before lunch, I looked up the weather map on my phone. “Here it comes.”

By lunch time, the skies looked a bit funny with choppy clouds and the wind blowing gently in many directions at once. The radar showed the mass heading right for us. No idea how much longer it would take for the bad stuff to land at our door step.

No comments: