It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-06-30

Morning ants

Nat gave me a ride this morning. She needed to get some groceries at whole foods so it is on her way. This gave me a chance to talk to Elle in front of the garage while we waited for Nat to get ready. Elle is in summer school until Thursday.

At some point I walked across the front yard to pick up one of those damn flier that keep getting blown all over the place. It is one of those doorknob fliers. It is no wander HOAs ban these things when they can.

While I was occupied with this, Elle stepped in to the side of the yard closer to the field next to our house. She managed to get ants all over her feet. She squirmed and freaked out over the ants. She stomped her foot and refused to brush off the ants with her hand or a rag. It took me a couple tries to get her to calm down and start knocking off the ants. "Elle, you are going to have to deal with ants for the rest of your life."

It didn't look like she got bit very much. I told Nat about it. I can't wait to get a note from the school.

We need to get some more granular poison. It has been raining every evening when I get home so the granular stuff won't work well. I will spray the house inside and out tonight regardless of rain. Excuses excuses. Time to get on the stick. They are hurting my little girl.

No comments: