It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-06-07

DnD game session, sans DnD

We had a DnD session last night at Adam's place. I turned up for the first time in a long time. I planned on it being boring because I wasn't going to play. I don't have a character rolled up. They are playing first edition just for the fun of it. It was not boring and there was no DnD plaid.

  • We got the table huge white board set up.

  • Got all the chairs and dice out.

  • Made cocktails, passed out some beers. (hmm, this may be a pivot point) Adam was calling this grapefruit and jinn drink a 'fuzzy star'. I'm sure he made it up.

  • We ordered food.

    • John didn't want pizza so he started ordering online from Jason's Deli. Thirty minutes of ordering go by and every one takes their turn picking a sandwich or whatever. The web page crashes and we loos it. Well, John nearly lost it. We ended up ordering, over ordering pizza. I only got one slice of the jalapeno pizza.

  • We discussed LOST

    • What happened.

    • We compared the final episode of LOST to the final episode of The X-Files.

    • We discussed the animated GIF that shows an alternate ending to LOST.

  • Adam described a room.

  • Someone started complaining about work and before you know it two hours had gone by.

  • Adam described the same room.

  • Someone said something else about work and we all laughed.

  • Adam folded up the DM screen and we continued to complain about work.

  • Then it was 23:30 and we started watching funny stuff on TV and then some Japanese Animation..

Long story short, we had a three or four hour session of DnD that got about three solid minutes of play time. We all enjoyed ourselves immensely. Sometimes you just have to vent about work. There is plenty to vent about these days. Well, every day. I cannot say that right now is any different than it has ever been, except there is more of it. That doesn't make sense unless you work at our company.

I would like it noted for the record that I could have had a viral video last night if it weren't for those pesky employment and friendship requirements. Details, details.

The next day I was fine. I had two stiff drinks. You would think I could take that without a headache. I was very tired, but happy for the experience. Work was still work. We complained about so many things that it is difficult keeping track of what is accurate and what is bullshit. It is nearly all accurate. Funny how that works. I do feel better for the letting off of steam and to be honest, I feel a bit better for the team building experience. Those really are important.

No comments: