It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-06-16

Risk

Betting on risk, Oh, I mean investing ...

What is the difference between betting and investing? One is only legal in a few places.

What is it worth to me to cross the street to get to the bus going the correct direction? Well, it is apparently worth me putting my life in danger to some degree. Walking out of the house is a little bit dangerous. Mowing the lawn is more likely to give me a heart attack than chew off my leg. Everything you eat will kill you these days.

94,000 families got their homes repossessed last month. They were all fed a promos of better things by owning in one way or another. How many of these folks were thinking about laying $100,000 or more on a bet that they would be able to keep up the payments. Betting that they would not owe more on the place than it was worth. Maybe double. Maybe more.

Life is all about risk vs payoff. Opportunity cost.

No comments: