It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-06-30

Notes:

Noticed someone talking about tape backup at work. I forget the context. Just the mention of a tape backup made me pause. I always imagine a refrigerator with a reel to reel on the front.

WEP encryption is a bit like having one of those locks on a door where you can see through the keyhole. How many people know what that analogy means? Who has seen one of these locks? My Aunt had a house with some of those locks on internal doors. This is the kind of lock I'm talking about.

A guy sold a 10% share in Apple in the mid seventies for $800. How many days has this guy kicked his own ass over this?

Some researchers are saying a pill form of marijuana would be better for medicinal purposes rather than allowing people to smoke it. It requires higher doses. It also stems (no pun intended) the negative of inhaling smoke. Pill forms have been available, but not popular because the high is long and low vs up in a spike like smoking.

Man breaks spine. Insurance says he had a spine before the break, and didn't express the possession on his pre existing condition list at the point of purchase. Disallowed. Yes, I'm exaggerating a bit. You almost bought it though.

No comments: