It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-06-18

Notes:

Walked to the bus stop in the heat and humidity. No big deal there. No AC on the bus. That sucked. Chatty bus driver. Annoying. When I get off the bus, I have to traverse a cesspool to cross the street to the building. They have fixed it a couple times. Which means they have not fixed it at all. Thank God the Feds are not in charge of the repairs. When I get in to work my coffee cup is missing. A couple things have disappeared off people's desks here lately, but I would have gone for the USB keys or CF cards or some other bit of electronics that at least promises more use than holding one's coffee from the floor. I found the cup on a walk past my normal haunts.

I got the following in my in box from CNN “Death row inmate Ronnie Lee Gardner was executed at 12:20 a.m. (MST) by a firing squad at Utah State Prison.” Something about this pleases me. There is another guy who needs to be put in front of a firing squad. I don't want to talk too much about it because I'm so pissed at the guy who committed treason and wikileaks who think they have a right to help our enemies.

Tried HTML 5 for the first time on Ubuntu 10.04 and Chromium last night. They finally have it down to a couple simple bullets in the instructions. It looks like the only thing that is working is the video playing function. The YouTube adds do not work anywhere. If a video has ads, you still have to use Flash. Looser. Get this crap up and running! How long does it take? It has been years for God's sake. 98.6% of the effort has been bitching over whether the knobs go up to 10, 11 or 100% or some bullshit like that.

The Bad Apples podcasts learns an important lesson. This guy has been a latest and greatest distro kind of guy for years. He was the kind who would find a problem, figure out who's bug it was and go file it. A real tester kind of guy. This is very important to open and closed source alike. He recently realized how much time this was costing him. He came to the conclusion that in order to get work out, he needed something stable and thus has adjusted his choice of distribution. He also reflashed his phone back to a standard image for reliability. Our little podcaster is growing up.

A machine on our network took a nap this morning. I had three people, one of which was the CEO, call me to fix it. The thing is, I have no network privileges. I cannot sign in to the servers or check things out. I'm glad people have such confidence in me, but I'm kind of surprised at the response. It was just a matter of waiting for the appropriate person to show up and diagnose the issue. It was more an inconvenience than an issue to be honest. Still, quite a few fingers pointing at me when it happened. Makes the back of my neck itch.

The humidity has a presents. The heat is by humidity's side. They stand at my elbows, breathing down my neck. They are silent, but their mass is not to be ignored. They are like a couple thugs ready to lay a hand on my shoulder and prevent me from running up a flight of stares or walk for the fun of it. I'm not sure to whom they answer, but I would love to know what I did to piss this entity off. Is it the place where I live, or the time of year I choose to cross a piece of it?

No comments: