It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-05-12

Very Local News

  • Politics
    • Clinton is on the ropes. Honestly, I do not like Obama or McCain. There just is not enough difference between any of the three of them for me to care. I would be nice for Democrats to pay the price of bad war PR for a while.  I'm thinking the next president is a one term runner. I could be wrong.
    • Obama can play the race card (typical white person) and people admire him. Recently Clinton mentioned a racial demographic and is all blasted. I thought it was OK to use racial demographics in your speeches and conversations of an official nature. I guess "only if you are that demographic" rule still applies.
  • That sink hole is making national news. The MSM would love it if someone would please fall in the frigging thing and need to be rescued. Pleas. .. Pretty please..  Maybe a massive drop off and loss of half the town would be cool.
    This story is so boring that the MSM has gone to saying that sink holes can happen all over the U.S..  Watch for cracks in the walls, holes in the yard , other signs of shifting soil. Shit, that is called Houston.  Houston is built on swamp. My God, you would think it was a slow news week.
    Home owner's policies do not usually cover sink holes. The disaster status seems a but much. I heard something like five businesses and a couple of private properties were in immediate danger. That hardly seems like a disaster to me. Maybe to the locals.
  • I had the busiest morning of my life this morning. Of course, everything was needed yesterday. In the afternoon, I tried to keep my head screwed on straight and still get some things done.
  • Finally found a pet cat that I like. My mother gave Nat and I a wood carving in the shape of a cat. It is an adorable little kitten that will cause me no further headaches unless Nat decides to hit me with it the next time I piss her off.
  • Myanmar
    • Generals and their wives on local TV voting. Passing mention of the military passing out tents and TVs to victims. No food.
    • Relieve is rotting on the tarmac at the main airport because A) the people in charge want to distribute the stuff for their own political efforts and B) Myanmar is paranoid of outsiders so they do not want people (aid workers) to be included with the aid. This is costing lives.
    • Some reporters with their feet on the ground in Myanmar (there illegally and their lives in danger) say the government is ignoring the trouble and the bodies are stacking up.
  • I'm trying out a new antihistamine called Zyrtec. It is kicking my ass. It makes me a bit drowsy. It drys me out. It cuts down on the coughing a bit. The worse thing it does is make me dizzy. There is a warning. I suppose the dizziness is a good sign. It at least means the stuff is making a difference.  Sheesh.
  • This past Sunday was Mother/'s day. Nat and I went over to my parent's place for burgers and some awesome sausages. We got my mom a ladybug ring made partially of amber. She seemed to like it. My mother gave Nat her old iPod. How cool is that?
  • Stopped by Cracker Barrel for dinner. Nat had a craving for dumplings.
  • After posting that video earlier, I have "Happy Trails" going through my head.
  • The quake in China made the news all day. You would think it was one of the states. I've heard the era of crazy cheap goods is over. People in China are probably happy about that. I wonder what Wal-mart is going to do.

No comments: