It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-05-13

Fedora 9

Fedora 9 is out today. I'm running an upgrade via YUM as I type. It will probably take all night. I hope there are no troubles. There were some conflicting packages last time, but only a couple. The repo files are getting more and more complex. There are several base URL entries in the one's on my machine. I had no idea. I never look in those files until there is trouble.

Noting is as nerve racking as that list of a million packages that scrolls up the screen all preparing to be upgraded. The next step is to determine the dependencies and yell at me if some are missing. As I'm watching the times, I can tell, this is going to take all evening. This is why you should wait a couple of days before kicking off the mass upgrade. I've already decided to wait on upgrading the server for a couple of days. I'm going to go watch TV for a bit. Maybe that will calm me.

No comments: