It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-05-20

Write Something

I would like to write something. Fiction. Creative. As original as something can be written and still have people like it.I'm not good at writing. I'm not as creative as I like to think I am. Oh, I can cobble together words in sentences and paragraphs, but they do not inspire emotion most of the time. At least, not if I'm making them up. It takes work to write. I can sweep the floor and know what the end result should look like before I start. That is difficult when writing. It is for me.

I am inspired by Freakonomics. It is the most poorly written book I've ever read that  I liked. It was a pile of anecdotes and facts, hearsay and conjecture based on numbers, yet, I made it to the end and felt a bit informed for my trouble. Freackonomics is one of those look-up books, that make you want to go look things up and learn more on subjects mentioned inside. It is just a bit less entertaining as some of the others like The De Vinci code.

What I want to write is pure fiction. I need to start with short stores. They can be boring. The best place to start is non fiction. Start with writing down of anecdotes from my life. Hmmm. The blog counts for that, so I've already started. Then comes the trial and error. Then comes planning. There is no story clawing it's way out of my sole. I just like the idea of leaving a mark in literature.

Too bad I'm so frigging lazy.

No comments: