It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-05-21

USB key drives at work

Officially, we have no USB type flash drives at work. People bring in their own. I have one that I occasionally lend out to my coworkers who lack such bobbles. My drive came back without it's lid once. Every since, I loan it without the lid. I looked around and found (Thanks Wade) some thin twine with a wax coating. I think the coating is to keep it from fraying. It also helps it stay tied. I used it to tie the lid to the USB key drive. I'm waiting for Adam (the culprit) to ask for the drive again. He reads the blog, so he may come across this entry first.

We joked at one point that a USB key drive would not last long at our office. It would simply be absorbed in some way. We discussed putting a log chain attached to a cinder block attached to the drive with just enough length to reach the top and bottom shelf from the back of a cart.  I can just see someone wheeling the contraption down the hall on a cart to move a couple files. It is probably best people bring their own drives.

USB tether USB tether

No comments: