It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-07-24

Very Local News

I had to throw away a pare of boots. It is funny how attached I get to boots. These boots were newer than one's my parents bought me for my birthday many years ago. I had gotten divorced the previous year and my parents took me to Academy and got me a new pare of boots.I still have those boots. I was not able to save the boot laces because they were too worn. the rubber sole was coming apart on both boots in the same way. Never noticed that before.

The bus was crowded for a Friday. Every one who got on seemed to have an attitude. The bus driver kept hitting the gas and then hitting the break hard. Every stop was an adventure. I prefer boring bus rides.

My Phone needs to be rebooted about every three or four days to loose the attitude. It is slow and doesn't run a lot of stuff online. It reminds me of a i286. That was the level of machine that was old and crappy when the whole internet thing started rolling.

Some of my Facebook contacts are getting axed. I'm tired of spam from some people. The mobile settings do not allow for blocked lists. Off they go. Don't get me wrong. I love people talking about things they are interested in. I hate getting 2500 SuperPoke invites and the like.

I'm listening to this short story, science fiction, about a planet with speaking animals. They had no real economy until the "angles" (humans) showed up. Now they have global turmoil. money is the root of all evil.

All the hoopla over Twitter would cost them $48,000,000 a month. Someone put together a spreadsheet. I have to say that I'm getting sick of all the buzz. You are probably getting sick of me complaining about all the buzz over Twitter.

Obama said the cops acted 'stupidly' for arresting a black man. The cops basically say "You didn't go through the door with me so step back Mr. President." This could end in tears

Back in the day, I thought Mac computers were two expensive because they cost twice as much for about the same capability. Now it is three times. Maybe four if you look at netbooks. Apple needs to bring the prices down if they want to compete.  Maybe they are happy with the premium consumer niche.

A friend of mine lost his mother to cancer. He is a coworker. He is a friend.  He is a great guy. He is a family man. He and his wife make a cute couple. May he be strong. May he feel the agony of the loss and survive.

No comments: