It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-07-07

Very Local News

  • The BBC says some places in China are just rounding up protesters and herding them off to points unknown. Some people are missing with no knowledge of what happened to them. There are reports of office workers going head to head with riot police with bits of wood against machine guns. Hundreds may have been killed in the last week over the protests.
  • It rained this morning. I made it to the bus stop without getting rained on, but had to dawn the poncho to go from the bus to the building. I'll take it. I'm happy for the rain. You know we need it when I don't complain having to walk in the rain. I hope the house gets a fare amount.
  • Went to Randal's for stamps at lunch. Waited in line for ten minutes behind some guy trying to cash a check. I got two little books of stamps for $20. It was $17.xx, but that is all of a twenty dollar bill. Didn't a book of stamps used to be less than $5? When I think about it, I wonder how they deliver mail for 44 cents a pop. No wonder they loose money even though they are not taxed.
  • I called Nat at lunch today and her phone was working. Hopefully, that is the end of the missing weekend. The holiday with no communication.
  • I'm listening to talk radio. Every frigging ad is financial assistance, or credit relief. "Get your share of stimulus money." Every frigging ad. The only other thing they plaid today is the Jackson memorial thing in Calli.
  • Jackson's coffin was not even off stage when I saw a news story go by that LA wants to be compensated for the hoopla. I cannot blame them. I would want some of that bling too. Every one else is cashing in.
  • I'm a SuperPoke Pets Widower.

No comments: