It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-07-05

T-Mobile

I  can't find anything online,but Nat's and my phones both went dead Friday at some point. Neither of us could make a call or send a text Saturday either. I called in today 2009-07-05 on the land line and was able to fill out a ticket. The guy on the phone was more than helpful and kind. He did make it sound like we were the only one's having trouble. Surely, that isn't the case. There is a slim chance we are the first to call in. After three days, I can't imagine any one putting up with that besides my lazy ass.

The symptoms were sporadic. The 3G sign and signal were strong, but you couldn't get to a web page, make a call, or text. Nat's phone is 3G and the settings for forcing it to a lower gear are hidden. She can still not make a call or communicate because the 3G network thinks it is alive. My G1 has a manual setting that lets me down-shift.

I thought the phone network was separate from 3G. It turns out if you use 3G all calls, texts and data go over the 3G network. Guess this little adventure taught me something.

Besides, I have been trying to get the text function to read to me all weekend. I had to download the library for text to speech. Got it this morning. Works great. Sounds exactly like the reader on linux I use called espeak. They must use the same engine. There is a text reader that lets you read whatever you paste in. Need to find that one.

No comments: