It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-12-08

Very Local News

  • Beautiful sunrise this morning. So often I envy people blowing by me on their way to work. Today I bet they would have envied me for I had time to stop and ponder the moment. Never let it be said that I did not stop to smell the roses at least once.
         
         
  • Elle's Birthday pictures are up. Main site. I had to learn a new version of the same old software so forgive the cou-ple of foibles. Let me know if anything is unusable.
  • Deer are destroying woodland in the UK. There are more deer in the UK now than in the last thousand years, and a damn site less places for them to live. You can get a permit for a rifle in the UK. It is not easy.
  • There are thousands of vehicles sitting on docs in the U. S.. Dealers do not want them because they cannot sell them. I have a feeling that next year you will be able to pick up a new, year old car for a song outside the U. S.. They will move them out of this market because they will have new cars coming in next year.
  • Natalie got busted impersonating the tooth ferry last night. Natalie gave Elle the story that she had made a deal with the tooth ferry to keep Elle's first tooth. I remember my father tripping over a skateboard.
  • You can get a tattoo at the mall in New Jersey.There is a franchise called "Tattoo Nation". Coming to a Mall near you. It is just not cool any more.
  • I heard a story on Cybershake that said NASA invented the computer mouse. I heard a story somewhere that it came out of AT&T labs. Another that Xerox had something to do with it. For goodness sake, The patent is gone. Let it go.
  • Live for the questions as well as the answers.
  • Bones do not stand on their own.
  • Money in the UK is cheaper now than it has been in the last 50 years.
  • There were a gaggle of pidgins on the roof of the parking garage today at lunch. They insisted on sitting on the wall next to where I was passing.I walked slow enough that they would come back and land between my passes. I would deliberately walk on the opposite side of the parking area, but one pidgin would jump off the wall and start flying. This would cause all of them to do so. They just couldn't help themselves.
  • Obama wants to put together a package not too far from the highway building in the fifties. Fix the infrastructure and other public works to put Americans to work. Do Americans still work in construction? I don't know any American citizen who makes money in construction. I know a few who went broke because of illegals doing it without paying any taxes. Don't get me started. How do you say "new new deal" in Spanish?
  • I got an email today saying that the firm I used to work for is having a pretty hefty lay-off. No one will know anything for sure until after January 2 2009 or so.
  • You shouldn't be aloud to reissue stock for five years after bankruptcy. People are buying these tanking financial firms because their stocks are so cheap. Bad idea. They will go through bankruptcy or pseudo-bankruptcy. Then they will reissue stock and the old stock holders are out in the cold. It is crap. Crap I say! Sure, there will be stories of some lucky idiot making a killing. You won't hear about the droves of losers who got their lunch handed to them.
  • I heard one of the 60 minutes guys use the phrase "blogs and online forums were all a twitter with comments ..." The really scary thing is I don't think he realizes the irony. I suppose Twitter was a twitter as well.

No comments: