It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-12-01

Very Local News

  • The batteries in my radio were dead this morning. That radio has a habit of switching on in my back pack. Drag.
  • I was away from work for five days. The podcasts I brought in this morning were over a gigabyte. Trouble is, most of them are all about Thanksgiving or Black Friday. I'm sick of hearing that news by a long shot. There is some about India trouble, but not much.
  • Open Office just plane doesn't like it when you leave spreadsheets and documents open over night. They just slow down the next day to the point of hanging, but not quite. It is worse over five days.
  • Food Stamps come out to about $4 per person per day. Try living on that.
  • APR had a story about the term "Tightening your belt". I learned nothing. The story was pointless.
  • There is a fund in California where a gay man funds several non-gay related things. This is to win friends in the straight community. He openly states the fund is for this purpose. Pretty smart guy. "Money may not buy you love, but it gets you some friends." I doubt that. Talk to Hammer.
  • Black Friday: A guy from the Dominican republic was at Illuminatingly looking at a pare of $270 genes. "I have genes. Do I need new genes?" i was at Wal-Mart this past weekend thinking "I can't afford a $10 shirt. I don't need a $10 shirt.
  • The UK is cutting the VAT (Value Added Tax, read "hidden") sales tax from 18% to 15% to stimulate the economy. Remember, the UK also has a high income tax and a high national insurance tax. Huge number of people on the Dole (welfare/unemployment). People who make who make between 40 and 150 thousand pounds pay 60% adjusted income tax. The more you make the worse it gets. No wonder Madonna split the sheets.
  • I need a portable wireless web cam that I can can aim at a computer
  • The NFL is transmitting a 3D football game to some theaters this Fall. So much for Hi-def.
  • The official word has come out that the U. S. has been in a recession for nearly a year already. I place this one in the "Well Duh!" Category.
  • The phone shoulder rest thing works. Used it shortly today. It works much better than nothing.
  • Greenpeace is getting on gamers about leaving their computers on too long. Give me a break. Nothing will ever please these people. Their goal is to find something to complain about. They are terminally bitchy.
  • Way too much information about digital cameras. Careful, some of it is in French.

No comments: