It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-08-11

Very Local News

  • Talk of the Nation has a lot of useful news bits, but a lot of boring dribble too. One has to sift for the diamonds in the rough. The Book called "Kiss My Math" made me turn it off. Let's face it, I'm not the target audience.
  • I would like to have a weather/water proof camera for taking pictures in the rain and other bad weather. I think it would be a ball. It would also be perfect for Faire. Something rugged.
  • The mortgage industry is hitting the Carl Sagan area in the number of dollars lost.
  • Tea Time
    • On of our folks went to Canada and ate a bunch of seafood and went on a zip-line adventure.
    • The Olympics are very popular. People spoke of what events they like and that the opening ceremonies were extremely good. "How did they get 15000 people that coordinated?" Answer, "Cracking the whip."
    • The Georgia Russia conflict came up including an Olympic air-gun competition where a Georgian and a Russian showed solidarity before they had to go back to their respective countries and become snipers.
    • Every one spoke of their weekend.
    • The Britney political parody ad Came up. People thought it was great.
  • The allergy cough I've had for years keeps trying to make me sick. I think the only thing holding off an infection is the nightly mouth-wash gargling. I so do not want to get sick. Summer colds are the worse.

No comments: