It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-12-13

Social Media Overload

I have considered quitting Twitter all together. I don't like spamming Facebook. I am slowly sliding back to writing on my blog instead of putting momentary bullets on my different points of interest on the web.

Twitter is to blogging as masturbation is to making love. Twitter is content masturbation. Yes, I Tweeted that.

Not long ago a blogger I respect gave up the ghost because he said the short quick form of blogging was hurting his long slow detailed research stile of writing books. I think the same thing is happening whith me and Twitter. As I tweet one line crap to Twitter, the act of putting that information somewhere makes it "done" and thus I will not elaborate. I will not go in to far more detail.

Surely most people can handle all of it. Many may only be able to put content up one way or another. I prefer the blog stile for the moment. The satisfaction of tweeting is fleeting. (humph) The desire of writing is not satisfied at all. Blogging is about as close as I will get to making something in writing that is good.

Only a few people read the blog. That isn't really the reason I do it. I know that dozens of people read my Facebook comments and a couple get to my tweets. That is the reason I do Facebook and Twitter. To be seen. It is a bit shameful I know. Maybe no shame is the new shame.

No comments: