It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-12-22

Notes:

Many services have teared charge rates for off peak usage. So do server farms. It turns out one of the big customers lately have been just buying up all the really off peak processor power they can lay their hands on. Ate least some of these customers are people running malware and spammers. The server farm owners don't seem to care for the most part.

They had to pass a federal law to force television stations to make commercials the same volume level as the show. The technology to make commercials louder has been in place since I was a kid. All my life I've had to put up with this. I'm not sure what to think. I mean, God forbid TV do something that makes their customers happy without Congress getting involved.

I sat at work today waiting on someone to give me their old computer so I could go home and start my vacation. He was waiting on a phone call from Autodesk <http://usa.autodesk.com/> . I was thinking "My goodness, I'm looking forward to this much time off. I don't care if I did get screwed out of a couple days." I'll blog and maybe get something done around the house. Who know, I might write a really short fiction post.

I had a berger from SmashBerger near my work. They are pretty good. I like SmashBerger better than Becks really only because they have onion rings. That is, they have string type onion rings they call stacked onions or something. They aren't bad. Plus, I don't have to cross Westheimer to get there. SmashBerger is still over priced.

No comments: