It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-12-28

Killing Ants

It is the middle of winter here in Houston. It is a bit chilly, but not so you would notice. I need to mow and weed whack, but I need to kill me a bunch of ants first. I have about ten huge ant piles in my front and back yard.

My property is built up about two feet from the base land. I assume this is for drainage. The ants love the soft soil and build mounds clear to the hard clay beneath. I have to stab down with that prybar to the deepest depths I can and spray poison as deep as it will go. Then stomp the hole I made shut so the fumes will travel through the mound.

The poison I'm using is called Triazicide. It claims to kill just about anything that crawls or slithers. It is about the most poisonous stuff a home owner can get.

Am I evil for imagining the ants screaming and little ant air raid sirens going off as they speak in dubbed Japanese while fleeing Kellyzilla? I think not.

No comments: