It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-12-30

Iran Riots

Warning: Violent!

This is about the worst (most graphic) video I've seen come out of Iran. There was one where some cops ran over people who were protesting and just kept going. There were some where the cops just gunned some people down. There have been many of people getting the snot beaten out of them for speaking their mind.

I worry that this kind of thing will start happening in the U. S.. I worry because with every new rule that comes up where U. S. citizens cannot speak their mind without fear of our government further limiting our freedoms and retaliating against people who speak out, the closer we get to blowing a gasket and resorting to violence. Recently the Tea Party protests that were all piecful as far as I could tel have been called "right wing extremist" and worse by people who disagree with their outlook.

Since when does it matter if the people in the news papers and TV news agree with people? Since when do they have the right to pick who gets to execute their freedom of speech and the right to gather or the right to complain. It is all in the adjectives. You cannot get a degree in journalism unless you are miserably left and proud of it. You cannot get tenure at a university unless you drink the liberal left coolaid. Prove me wrong.

The Democrats will not be in power for ever. The Republicans were not in power for ever. Ramming health care down our throats is going to last forever. Giving illegal aliens another amnisty is going to last forever. Ignoring Iran and playing games with terrorists instead of killing them and making sure every one in the world knows they lost is going to last forever. I feel a split coming. I do not know where the fissure lies. I do not know what side is what or when. I fear that this country that I love will end up a broken third world shit hole where we have to drag our leaders out in to the street and hang them weeks after every election.

I really want to be wrong.

No comments: