It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-07-23

Very Local News

Can you believe Bill Gates is trying to control the weather? Isn't that the first sign of mad-scientist-ism? It goes Weather control, then comes doomsday machines. Anti-gravity is in there somewhere. I'm just pissed he beat me to it.

The inverter of WD40 died the other day at 84. He was a WWII vet who came up with the rust resistant solvent for the space program. It is in 80% of U. S. households. The pearly gates never opened so smoothly.

Well, Google failed me. I even tried Bing. I'm looking for a variant of the P38 that had a second cockpit over the left engine. I vaguely remember seeing something like this once a million years ago and heard it mentioned again recently in a podcast. I must find a frigging picture. I had no idea there were 500 different kinds of p38. There was even a real working double p51.


One of the initial production P-38s had its turbochargers removed, with a secondary cockpit placed in one of the booms to examine how flightcrew would respond to such an "asymmetric" cockpit layout. One P-38E was fitted with an extended central nacelles to accommodate a tandem-seat cockpit with dual controls, and was later fitted with a "laminar-flow" wing.

Ate least I know the damn thing really existed. Every one mentions a variant with two cockpits. No one has a photo. Drat!

No comments: