It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-07-01

Very Local News

Written 2009-06-30

Work

The network thing did not go through .The one rain storm we have had in the last three months blew out a UPS and killed a copy that prevented us from upgrading. Our frigging luck. One of the guys came up to work at midnight to check on the copy. I didn't read the note on the front door that warned of the failure because the door opens out and I was afraid someone would open the door straight in to my face while I was reading it.

I'm warring a bright red shirt today. I am Lieutenant Smith. "Let me take care of that Captain. One side."

Listened to BBC 5-Live podcast. They are all about sitting and joking while the games are going on. It is much more entertaining when it is about them cracking jokes than it is watching tennis. "So And So is the sixty-ninth highest rated player in the world ..."

Envy, or not

One of the tweeters I listen to keeps going out and partying on week nights. I keep messing with the server and systems at the house. We are both tired, but she has interesting memories to help her recover. I do not envy her the hang over.

Rain

Not only did the rain blow out a UPS, but it awoke the grass. For weeks, the grass on the way in has been dying and laying over. It was bright green and erect this morning on the walk in. There was mud in the construction area. I knew better, but took that rout anyway. So, for the first time in a couple months, I had to ware my work shoes and park the muddy boots.

Now that the grass is standing up, it will be easier to mow. Well, it will be more effectively mowed.Had I mowed this weekend, I would have kicked up a bunch of dust and clipped five weeds. Now, I get the grass.

[end]

No comments: