It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-07-18

Saturday afternoon

I got up earlier than perhaps I should have this morning. I have been so tired when I get home this week. I have just been dead. The stress at work has been squeezing me. I have sent myself some Dilbert prints to put up on the walls where I work. Maybe that will take the stress down a notch.

Bill came by and picked up Elle. They went to Bill's son's house so Bill could give Elle a swimming lesson. Nat and I were going to go, but Nat was not up to it. Then, Nat started to feel better. Off we went. I'm pretty sure we all had a ball.

Elle can dog paddle. She is still afraid to step off the diving board. She has done it a couple times before. I wonder if it was my being there. She was bribed with the offer of a shake at lunch and taunted until my throat was sore, but no dice. She wouldn't go off the board.

When we got home, Nat and Elle sat down to watch a movie. I of course got on the computer. I have political blogs reading in my left ear. The right one was hurting after swimming so I put some hydrogen peroxide in my ear first then some alcohol. It is feeling much better.

It is finally raining. It even waited for us to go swimming. How awesome. It is not enough to make the yard green. It may be enough to keep it from dying straight out. I don't have to mow as often, but I would trade it for a healthy lawn.

This is a test video. I'm testing OpenOffice. OpenOffice is not in OpenOffice's spell checker by the way. I want to use OO for writing my blog entries and other web based writings. It need to know how it is going to work with things like embedded objects like videos though. This is a test.

Well, it places the video object, but it looks like garbage in the editor. I can live with that as long as it doesn't mess with the code. Lets go take a look. ... Well, it looks good after switching modes. Let's close the application and open it up again and find if there are any upsetting reformats of the code at that point. BRB. ... Well, that doesn't look half bad either. The real test will come of course when I publish and look at the final document.

If I can use OpenOffice, it will save me from installing the entire Seamonkey suite to get the little editor that I like. It upsets me that I have to resort to this on some distros. Anyway, here goes the post. Wish me luck.

UPDATE

Google Docs does not let me import an HTML file with an embedded object. The code just goes away. You know, Google docs sucks. I have to say that every time I turn around, some feature of Google Docs pisses me off. If they had just made it a drive that let me save files on the web and edit them on multiple systems, I would get better service out of it. Come on. At least let me save the code. I suppose that is too much to ask.

No comments: