It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-07-15

Hiding in the open

So I'm turning the internet upside down looking for the Red Hat EL kernel source. I need the kernel*.src.rpm. It is not on the DVD. I'm afraid to use the CentOS one. There is no reference to the source RPMs on the main Red Hat site that I can find. I start Googling and come up empty on the first couple of tries. Then I find the magic Forum somewhere that says it is in the most obvious place right out in the open. (If you are a developer, this should be obvious to you.)

ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/4/en/os/x86_64/SRPMS/

Quoting Rosanne Rosanne-a-Danna, "Oh,  Well,that's different. ... Never mind."

Then I couldn't get it to build properly.

For those of you who do not know Gilda Radner's work.

No comments: