It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-12-09

Very Local News

  • Someone brought in party left overs this morning. Nat and I could not make the party. There are Double Dave pizza rolls and sandwiches. The sandwiches are a bit left over tasting. The pizza rolls are kind of like kolatchy-ish. it counts as a breakfast food. Pizza is the generic any time food. Right?
  • There was sort of this large drop sprinkle going on this morning. As I walked, I felt a couple of large drops, but no mist or sprinkling. It surprises me that this was enough to keep the ground wet the whole time. It didn't dry up until late morning. It never rained, but there were puddles al lover the place like it had. It had to have been 150% humidity most of the morning.
  • I listened to Meet the Pres from last Sunday. Obama was on. I didn't mind a single thing he said. I did not agree with some of it. That is, I don't think some of his ideas are going to work. At least he is doing something. I'm glad he is not going to stick with many of his campaign promises. To be honest, he sound more like a Republican than McCain. He did sound much more worried about drug trafficking in Afghanistan than he did in Mexico. I do not like that.
  • My goodness my phone takes terrible pictures. I never thought it would be an issue. Well, it is. Next time Nat and I go look at phones, I'm going to pay better attention to the camera. Not a whole lot. Enough though. May have to pay attention to video quality as well. Maybe not. We will find out. I'll also make sure Nat gets the phone she likes. she has done nothing but complain about the Razer.
  • A little before lunch Nat sent me a text that said "It's storming here." I sent one back that said nothing had kicked off at the office yet. Well, the minute I walked out the door for lunch came a downpour. It got worse and worse until it just stopped. There was all kinds of water in the parking garage. The wind blew. People tried to stay dry.the pidgins didn't seem to notice.
  • it isn't just property and manufacturing any more. The financial crisis is now hitting the service industries. I'm telling you, plumbers are the only safe ones. I need some work done on the back of the house. I wonder if I'll get a deal, or get gouged because the contractor has to make up for every one else not paying. god help us.
  • No sunset this evening at work. It was all dark and damp. The clouds would not hear of it.
  • I tried to clean at least somewhat the shower last night before bed. I used 409 and a bunch of paper towels. It will take something more industrial to cut that mold. We have one of those shower spray things, but it only hits the exposed surfaces. As a matter of fact, it doesn't the spot right behind the spray nozzle. That is annoying.

No comments: