It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-12-22

Morning

I was the only one at the bus stop this morning. It is bitterly cold. It was just above freezing with a nasty breeze. That is the worst. Just below freezing, all the moisture exits the air. Just above freezing, the air is full of moisture and feels twice as cold as it really is. If only it had been just a bit colder my face might not have hurt. My fingers might not have hurt. The rest of me was warm.

I watched the vehicles driving by in the cold. Somehow I could just tell they were cozy out of the wind, in their heated portable home.

The sky was gray. The people on the bus were quiet and to the point. One lady sat on her knees and waved to someone across the street. Her  face glowed with the realization that whomever she waved too saw and recognized her. She was pretty for that moment. Then she went back to gray a moment later as the bus pulled away. How am I supposed to capture that with a camera?

I believe that still images will capture that beauty of the moment much better than a video. It is difficult to control and  capture that moment of beauty via video. That's why films need directors and editors. It is so easy to loose that moment in the bazillion frames flipping by. Video or film is not a forgiving medium. Any one can get lucky and capture a moment with a candid shot. It is more difficult with a video camera.

No comments: