- Chinese reporter to a Chinese Olympian who didn't get gold. "You
are a national disgrace. Please respond." Yikes. If this were a U. S.
reporter and Olympian, a knuckle-sandwich would be in order.
- An unemployed mother will typically have twice as many kids as a mother who works outside the home.
- APM just had a story about people in Manhattan suing each other over kids making noise in apartments. I can dig that. It is hard to have kids in an apartment because they just cannot control themselves stomping around. What got me was the apartment of the family being interviewed was 550 square feet. That is about my living room and dining room combined. Yikes again.
- HP is the largest PC maker. I forgot they bought Compaq all those years ago. I prefer Dell at the moment. I'm not sure if HP sells off the shelf PCs with Linux. Dell does.
- Work is a privilege. Children should be privileged. (News from
- I know for a fact that musical artists agonize over song order on albums. I hat to tell them, but I listen to them in alphabetic or random order because all my music is in mp3 format. Shame. I've listened to entire categories of music all in the wrong order.
- My contacts dry out after lunch. I'm not sure if it has anything
to do with eating, walking in the humidity, traveling from heat to AC,
or just the time of day. I have been putting drops in later and later
every day it seems. Perhaps my eyes will finally get used to the
- Second place finishers are disproportionately upset by their loss
compared to every one else in the game. I take tit this only counts
where one person wins something.
It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.
Posted by Kelly Hawkins at Friday, August 22, 2008