It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-08-12

Very Local News

  • Some of those amazing fireworks during the Olympics were computer generated. We increasingly live in a photoshopped universe.
  • I got an email news report this morning that started  off with "Mass. plane crash" The first thing that popped in my mind was forty planes smashing in to the ground all at the same time. It was Massachusetts. I still see the scene of in my mind of forty planes burning. Yikes.
  • This afternoon I reached for my mouse and it wasn't there. It was a couple of cm from where I I expected it to be. When I put my hand down on the empty space, I got that abrupt feeling of falling you get when you, for example, put your foot firmly down on empty air and your weight makes you fall. Minor shot of adrenalin for no good reason.
  • A project of mine at work had lunch on the company dime today. It was nice getting a perk. Everyone worked hard to get that project out. It was nice to get a little something.
  • I saw a video of a Russian jet apparently bombing an apartment building in Georgia. I wondered Why. Now, I hear that Russia was probably targeting a mobile phone tower that was on the roof. Makes me want to find out how close my house is to a mobile phone tour.
  • There was a guy complaining about the eyesore that offshore platforms cause. The lights and sounds ant night may be heard miles away. I have a highway outside my front door. It is noisy and downright dangerous 25/7. We have people driving through our yard. Fuck him. Bite the bullet you pansy. I'm sick of $4.00 gas.  The tourism trade off the cost of Alabama doesn't affect my wallet that much. The price of gas does.
  • I'm hearing Romania more often. There are films shot there. There are news stories that are not related to war or Russia or oil coming from Romania. I may have to go look the place up on a map.

No comments: