It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-08-30

Saturday evening rant

Gustav 2008-08-30

Gustav looks bad. It is Saturday evening. There has not been a cloud in the sky most of the day. It has been hot and  humid. No wind to speak of. It looks like this hurricane, based on the most likely computer simulations, is it will hit the Louisiana coast and stall, being held up by high pressure areas to the north and west. This will cause storm to weaken, as far as winds are concerned. However, the rain is just as strong as ever. So, the three days the storm is over western Louisiana and easter Texas it will be pounding us with buckets of rain.

The storm is expected to make land fall late Monday. This will most likely be in Louisiana. I will end up going to work Tuesday and getting stuck there because of all the flooded streets with no power and no food. I bet the water won't even work for some reason. People will freak and I will have to take charge and save everyone from imploding or reverting to mob mentality and taking over the neighboring Target.

Everyone else is blogging about what's her name. The Republican vice presidential nominee. She sounds cool. I suppose I could stand her. She lives in Alaska. She shoots guns. She eats Moose burgers. She has five kids, one with Downs syndrome. I'm worried about the hurricane and paying the bills. I have a stack of bills on my desk that need attention. I can't mail any of them out until Tuesday anyway. That is if the hurricane does not interfere. I have nothing else to say about politics. Screw all of them. They are rich and I am not. People running for office should be forced to make the median income of their constituency for the duration.

Elle is off to an over night party at her dance school. It sounds like no one from her class was there, but Nat last saw her getting a piggy-back ride from an older student. Elle was crying earlier because she thought she was going to have to dance all night in those shoes that hurt her feet. We had to explain that A) That is not what an over night party means. B) she needs to ware the shoes for an hour or so every day until they stretch. C) Something else. You will have to ask Nat about that last one. I need a second scotch of the day.

There is something wrong with the cat. The old one, Tiger, is walking around and meowing. He acts like he is lost in the middle of the living room. Nat speculates that he may have lost some vision. I think he senses impending doom of apocalyptic rain and a blind man leading an invasion of a department store.

No comments: