It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-08-22

Phone woes

Written 2008-08-21

Nat had some phone trouble. She finally downloaded the software to edit her phone. She deleted a bunch of crap and messed up the alarm sounds and ring tones. This is typical of first time editing of the phone's settings. I probably did something similar. The lady at the T-Mobile store was very helpful. Nat also found out her phone had some water damage at some point.

What prompted this effort is all the junk on our phones that you cannot delete. There are a bunch of screen savers and pictures, not to mention sounds, that you cannot delete. They eat up a bunch of space. If they are useless, you should be aloud to get rid of the damn things. Let's face it, if you have more room on your phone, you will buy more shit from the music and movie companies.

As a result, Nat's alarm did not go off this morning. She was able to set the phone to vibrate, but none of the sounds were working. She was worried about having to get a new phone.

Our contract does not end until May I believe.  We are stuck with these phones for a long time yet. When we do decide to re-up or swap, I intend to look very hard at new plans and new companies. I want unlimited text/media messages. I also want more minutes. I want a lower bill and more features. I know, good luck, right?

I do not want anything like an iPhone. I would like something that handles media. I'm sure Nat would like something similar. My parents got new phones recently that to texting pretty well. One of the phones I looked at the other day took unlimited video and had a 5mp camera built in. That is pretty cool. The camera in our Razer phones kind of sucks. I knew that when I got them though. The camera isn't much good for snapshots really if it has no flash. Some phones do.

I would still like to sync my phone. I insist on using Linux. Linux has gotten much better over the years, but I may have a bunch of research cut out for me if I really want that functionality. I read somewhere that there are a couple phones that sync directly to either Google or Yahoo. If that includes the calendar, that is fantastic because that removes the entire hook-it-to-the-computer bullshit involved. I have no idea what that costs. I bet you need the high end service that includes internet and whatnot. But I want it. That makes it OK. <nerves smile>

No comments: