It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-08-03

More on Batman

After a night's sleep, I've had some more complete thoughts on the movie. It reminded me more of the comic books and graphic novels. Not that I have read many. They do seem much darker than the other movies. The only thing the movie was missing was Batman on a horse.

The Harvey character is the deepest evil in my book. Harvey is an intelligent, good, honest man who is turned. The Joker "... is a mad dog." A mad dog cannot be blamed, it must be destroyed. Luscious is Bruce's moral compass beside Alfred. I very much like Gordan. I'm very glad he played a part in the trio. Gordan was always Batman's connection to the civil world. Endless information and even backup materialized through Gordan. He is the man behind the Dark Knight.

I have a hard time believing a city like Gotham with all its super villains has any mob bosses left.

I wonder what Batman would do with the current war. I wonder if he would be tempted to intervene. I wonder if Bruce, being a patriot, would cave and join the effort by manufacturing weapons or other war supplies.

Batman is not a God-like figure. For example Superman is. If you are in a bad situation and asked yourself what Batman would do it is probably not the thing you should do, only because you will not kick nearly as much ass as the Batman. If I ever make a Superman movie, it will start with him on the phone trying to deal with the phone company and getting the run around. All that God-like figure rubs right off when in phone menu hell.

No comments: