It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-08-19

Last song of the day

So, I'm listening to news podcasts at work. The last one I listened too spoke highly of Phelps. He got 8 metals which ties him with Australia. They are all over this guy saying he is young enough to try it again next time. He gets a million bucks from his sponsors. Kids are going to sign up for swim team. A new word 'Phelpsian' will be added to the lexicon describing a sweeping win. blah blah.

It was only a few minutes before quitting time and I kicked off some music because I had no short podcast left. Out of thirty some-odd thousand songs, the random song that comes up is "My Name is Mud" by Primes. Not a good omen. It would so suck if The U. S. golden boy comes home in some kind of disgrace or if even a blemish is found on his performance.

As it stands Phelps is going out on top. That is a place to go out. Hell, he may grow his brand and perform a similar show in four years. I tell you Phelpsian will stand for something completely different if he is found to have doped or fathered a litter of puppies or something. When thing are this good, most places to go are down. I really hope he pulls it off, but not in public. =]

Here is hoping that Michael Phelps pulls a Phelps.

No comments: