It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-08-06

Elle's first day of Kindergarten

I grilled Elle for a whole thirty seconds about her day and whet she learned in school. She said she didn't know what she learned. I questioned if she had indeed learned anything if this was the case. She started debating with the cat about some political ethics discussion that I thought for sure was just to avoid finishing our conversation. I told her to ask the teacher what she was going to learn today. I picture her asking and the teacher being impressed.

Once upon a time, I had a first day of school. It was Kansas. It was cold. I had another first day in Texas for first grade. There was another first day at collage. Others at every job I've ever had.

Elle really took today in stride. By the time I got home she was rubbing her eyes and looking tired. She went and laid down before 21:00. Nat tucked her in at 21:10. She was already asleep. All tuckered out. I've been waiting all my life to say that.

No comments: