It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-01-01

Happy New Year

I really do wish all a happy and plentiful new year. May all who so desire live well and prosper. Nat and I just got back from an old fogies New Year's Eve party. We played board games and yapped about meaningless stuff like gravity, time, kids and cats. Nat and I stopped on the way home to pick up something to eat. It took forty minutes to get though the Jack in the Box line.

I head back to work tomorrow (the third). I'm not sure I'm ready. That will make eleven days of vacation. The longest stint I've had in my working career. It felt like four days to be honest. I must remember to find something to do when I retire that will keep me occupied.

My new year's resolution is to eat less fast food and drink more water. I will never top a new year's resolution from 2004, but there is not reason to try. That is a pretty tall order and I stuck with it.

Nat will have no new year's resolutions. She doesn't believe in them. Good on her I say. They are a waste of effort. Why make a claim you are going to do something you know you have been having trouble with already.

What kinds of things do I expect from 2008? I hope to watch Elle mature a bit. I hope to fall further in love with Nat. I hope to learn. I hope to stay healthy. I hope to celebrate with everyone again next December 31.

We were the last customers at the local Wing Zone of 2007. My first act of 2008 is to get a Second Life account and try to get the Linux client to work. Wish me luck. I've had three pots of coffee today and will most likely crash any moment. I'm off to wonder virtual worlds.

No comments: