It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-01-10

Breaks

I hardly ever take breaks at work. Sometimes I'll grab some pop-tarts and wait for them to warm up before going back to my desk. Sometimes I'll attend this thing called tea-time where some folks get together and abs for ten minutes as a general break. Not often. I think the tea-time thing is a very effective way to recharge the batteries in the middle of the afternoon. I bet productivity goes up after a ten minute break amongst friends in the middle of the afternoon.

Today, I had a right-now task that was vexing me. It turns out there was a bug in the software I was trying to get to work. A file was the wrong version. It took me several tries and too much time to figure that out.

After that effort, I had to take a minute and relax my head. I couldn't think for about fifteen minutes. Not about anything real anyway. It was a time I wish I had internet. It would have been nice to distract myself with something completely off topic. Wish in one hand click with the other.

No comments: