It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-01-23

Bump on the noggin

No, not mine. A lady riding the bus this morning lost her balance and ended up bumping her head on the seat of the bus. She was embarrassed. The bus driver had to wait for a supervisor. He wanted to get people's information as witnesses. I didn't see what happened. I was told later.

Most every one got off the bus and waited for the next. It was the same bus stop where a person got shot last year, on a bus. That was one of the covered topics. People spoke of other accidents they had witnessed or been in. I didn't add my two cents. I just stood there and waited. I still made it to work on time. Several people complained about the lack of a backup. There is another bus right behind this one. That is the backup.

I was sure there was going to be another crash among cars trying to avoid the bus just on the other side of the intersection. As people tried to merge left, the light would change and they would get stuck behind the backed up traffic in the other lanes as the left terning people headed south would fight to take their place in line. Then north bound people would start honking. Patience folks. We are in in this life together. The ambulance showing up seemed to calm people's moods as they put up with the traffic problems. The lights signal a "real problem" I suppose.

No comments: