It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-11-08

What happened at Fair this weekend?

I went out to Texas Renaissance Festival (TRF) camping Friday evening. The place was empty. It was the opening day of deer hunting season. There was one other couple who we hang out with also camping. Tony and Diz are highly cool people. They are both good people. They are both capable individuals. They are great friends. Then there was us.

Friday evening, we roll in and start setting up. Nat criticizes how I'm handling the tent and I stop off in a huff. I put up with being yelled at when I'm getting paid. I don't need it at home. Nat and I constantly fight for dominance in the marriage. It is not a good thing. That ruined Friday evening for me. I went and sat in a campsite not far away and sulked. Walked around for a while and people watched. It was relatively quiet Friday evening.

Saturday, I didn't dress out and go in. I just didn't want to spend the ticket. I was in a bad mood and would just be in a bad mood after walking in the Faire. So, I sat outside. I tried playing with my phone, but that didn't work. T-Mobile doesn't get data connections out there. I may have to walk clean back to the front of the park to get Edge network. I walked around. I watched the cops drive around. And I listened to the gang bangers a couple sites over blast a bunch of raunchy boom boom music. Every other word was the 'N' word and rapping about rape and that kind of garbage.

I hadn't slept the night before. I never sleep well out there. Now, I couldn't nap during the day. They kept booming of course. No one will say anything about it. They are gang bangers and design themselves to intimidate.

I was close to bar rowing another tent and heading for family camping. A bunch of other people started walking through our camp site to get to the gang bangers site. It was a hub for raunchy noisy hoodlums. The people waking up were at least smart enough not to camp there so they could get away from the noise when they finally wanted to.

Nat offered to take me home. I took her up on it. She decided that there was no way she would want or be able to drive back out after taking me all that way so we just packed up and left. I feel bad for leaving the other couple there. I just had to get the hell out of there. We got home and both just crashed. The best part is after I got home. The club behind us had a thing going on outside and it echoed all through the house. I slept in the shooting sound suppression earphones.

This was Nat and my anniversary. I'm not going back this year. I hear Kenny has problems with the place too. Nat will still go out for the rest of the season. She still has fun out there. I can't do it. I'm staying home. I'm not spending any money out there and I'm not going to give much free advertisement to the place on this blog or my other channels to the internet. Too bad. I get good hits on that stuff.

it was beautiful weather. Supposed to rain next weekend. The cops out there are running off the wrong people. The cops didn't give the gang bangers any shit over their fire on the ground that I saw. I did notice the cops yelling at people who looked like normal law abiding citizens. Isn't it great to be normal? Isn't it great that the cops are afraid of the gang bangers?

I'm done.

No comments: