It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-01-08

Apartments

For years in Houston, I wondered why all the apartment buildings were going up. Every block had a new apartment complex on it.  No one was tiering down apartment buildings. When it happened, it made news.

Now that we have had real estate bubble burst, you would think that more people would leave houses and go to apartments. That hasn't really been the case it turns out. People don't have jobs. They have to move in with someone else or back home with their parents. Now there is a renter's market. Not just in Houston. I'm hearing that this has been true all over the U. S..

So, someone saw the housing bubble burst coming. They invested in places to rent. Makes sense. They are getting bitten in the ass for it.

More than once, I've felt a twinge for not waiting to buy a house when all the fist time buyer incentive stuff kicked in recently. I would not have gotten a loan I think. The price of my house keeps dropping. I'm not selling, so that will just save me in some taxes to be honest. I am very glad not to be in an apartment.

I hated renting only because I felt like someone had me by the short hairs. now it is just a Home Owner's Association. That is not as bad. I look forward to a day when I'm am totally out from under the umbrella of someone else telling me how to live on my own property.

No comments: