It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-03-17

Elle on line 1

So, I'm at  work close to the end of the day and my mobile rings. It is Nat. Elle is on Spring Break this week. I answer the phone. Nat says "Guess what?". This is a bad sign. I can tell I'm on speaker phone on the other end. "Elle does not want to go pick you up. She doesn't care that she gets a new monitor." My boss made some old flat panels available for free. Elle gets a non-whining monitor. Yay!! Well, she  might get one, if Nat is not too upset with her.

We go back and forth on the phone for a minute. I can't even remember Julie's name for a minute. Honestly, I block her out.  That is another blog entry.

I ask "Why don't you want to come get me?" That is, Nat asked because Elle wasn't paying attention.

Elle responds in a teary voice "I don't want to go pick up Kelly." "I don't want to talk to Kelly."

Nat says "I'm just going to throw her over my shoulder." I believe her. I could hear Elle hollering from my office.

I'm a dad. Hoe freaky. I refuse to let my five year old daughter dominate me or my wife. Elle does not run things. I hate it when parents let their kids run the show. Nat and I are the adults. We have been down these roads once each, at least. Elle will have her chance to screw up her life. Not until Nat and I have our chance to mold her in to a strong woman. A child must be told no when it is appropriate. They mus be encouraged when that is appropriate. The trick is to know which to do when.

Too bad kids do not come with a manual. Then again, every book ever written about child rearing is discredited before it hits the presses. Who is the authority on raising children? I'll let you know when I figure that out.

When I get home its "Will you put my computer together?" "Will you put my computer together?" "Will you put my computer together?" "Will you put my computer together?".

Then it's "Will you hook up her monitor?"

I tried to get a video of her saying think you, but it didn't come out very good. I have no idea what I'm doing. All that cute and I can't even get a three second video to work. Some guru am I.

No comments: