It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-11-15

Walking Dead

My first impression of Walking Dead is a good one. I believe that the police will be the most likely survivors of any kind of apocalypse because they have the guns. The U. S. government thinks so too because of all the money being poured in to FEMA and Homeland Security being dumped on the local police forces.

Spoiler Alert!

The first scene is is the cop looking for fuel. He hears a noise. He spots a little girl. She is a zombie. He shoots her in the forehead. It disturbs him, but he did it.

The first zombie he comes across has no legs. The zombie claws her way toward him as he mounts a bicycle. He easily takes off to find his family. Later he goes back and shoots this zombie too.

Another survivor cannot shoot his now zombie wife.

The hot showers must have felt like heaven.

The zombies eat a horse.

The whole first discovery scene of a zombie movie is getting on my nerves. "Oh my god! The dead are walking the Earth." "I must save my family." "I must travel." "I really wish I had prepared for a zombie apocalypse before all this happened." It makes me feel like I've seen it all before. At least they show how this guy was left behind so to speak.

The scene where he is talking over the radio, someone else can hear him, but he cannot hear them. I loved that bit. Anyone who has tried to communicate with a CB at any point in their life should do a cartwheel to celebrate that scene.

I watched the show on hulu. I'm not sure how far behind the episodes premiere. I don't care. If it becomes an issue I will pursue other avenues of viewing. I'm not going to pay for the show, regardless of how good it is because I do not have the money. I'm am tapped from one month to the next. This is simply a fact. Figure out a way to make money off me without taking it directly out of my pocket. This should not be news to the powers that be.

As of the first episode, I approve.

No comments: