It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-11-23

Notes:

Ireland is in real trouble. They have asked for a bailout from Europe. The blame game has started. Not a single finger is left unpointed it seems. I remember the rocket to the top of Ireland. Apple made computers there for goodness sake. A friend of mine had one. "Made in Ireland" I told her to hang on to the sticker. No idea if she did or not. The Celtic Tiger is a bit under the weather.

The SEC must deal with whole new approaches to insider trading. The line between research and inappropriate information floating around is blurring. You would think that talking to someone on the inside of a company is bad. The law is vague. What exactly will get me a good tip, and not get me 20 years?

Companies the first five years of existence, startups, account for all of job growth in the U. S.. From APR Marketplace (from memory).

You do not own the money in your pocket. That is a promissory note. That means, that paper is just a promise from our beloved government that the piece of paper is good for a measure of goods and services. It is not yours. It is on loan to you at the interest rate of inflation. When did this happen? When we ditched the gold standard of course.

The odds of being hit by lightening in an 80 year life span in the U. S. is about 1 in 3000. I don't like those odds. From Dr. Karl. (from memory)

"As subtle as a flying mallet." "Sharp as a sack of wet mice." "Sharp as a sack of doorknobs." "Subtle as a hand grenade in a bowl of oatmeal." -Foghorn Leghorn. Maybe it was "... a barrel of oatmeal." I don't remember.

Title for my memoir. "Sheds of beige" I think it has been taken.

No comments: