It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-11-09

Notes:

They didn't mow beside the road. I don't know what I was smoking yesterday. Some of the grass has laid down and someone mowed around a couple signs.

I'm learning about bandwidth shaping. This just might help me at home. I have a server that runs all the time. This machine eats the network alive. It is even worse with the newer router. If these tricks work, I will be more able to control who gets what bandwidth. This means Nat will be able to surf the net day or night without competing with the server. Wish me luck.

I'm not depressed. I'm paying attention.

One of the podcasts I listen to was talking about stem cell research. The rules are finally changing. Religious groups are up in arms. One of the suggestions was that researchers should use ape stem cells. One of the scientists asked "What is in it for the religions?" This person has no concept of fighting on behalf of someone else's life and existence.

Heparin (blood thinner) is made from the mucus of pig intestines.

Still learning how to set up email for archiving. It is an art. PST files die around 2 gigabytes. Once you go over that, something happens at that size and the files tend to deteriorate unpredictably. Stop archiving to that file. Create another PST file and archive to that file. Once you have a couple delete the really old ones. Burn them a DVD, stick it on a shelf and forget about it. At some point, you will not be able to mount the file any more because Microsoft is Satan's proxy in the business community.

I want to shoot a video. I have nothing to shoot a video of. That doesn't stop most of the YouTube people. I shouldn't let it stop me either.

Nat called me at work today. She was at home dealing with a letter from a hospital thinking her for using the mammogram services. The trouble is that she did not use the services. The hospital is looking in to it. The part of the call that got me is her and Elle. Nat and Elle are hitting one of those mother daughter stages where they think they both know the correct way of doing everything at least where it comes to one another. Perhaps all children hit this stage. Elle is just shy of eight. We should have twice this long before she becomes unmanageable.

No comments: