It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-11-01

Books

I have to find some books to read. I hate this. It was so much more convenient before when the NLS (National Library Service) just randomly sent me a book every month or so of the Science Fiction genera. I got a book. Read the book. Sent the book back. Got another one. Piece of cake.

Now, I get to download books from the NLS page as quickly as I can read them. This sounds like a great thing, and it is, but I have to hold myself responsible for choosing the books. I've never been any good at it. I've never been any good at choosing a movie to watch. I am bad at judging a book by its cover, or author or title.

I'm keeping a spreadsheet that tells me what books I've read. This will be needed as I go forward making my own decisions on the spur of the moment. This will lead to duplicates if I don't stay on top of things. I have to get organized. This means I'm putting more effort in to deciding which book I will read next than I'm putting in to my retirement plan. This is sad and must be rectified.

Bitching aside, I love this mechanism! If only there were more books already on the system. That is coming. Every month more books tern up. It will qualify as a library at some point. More science fiction please.

The older I get the more precious my time is to me. I do not want more content, I want better content. I want content that teaches me something. I want content that gives me satisfaction. I need a book that keeps me reading and on track. I like LOST because it kept me thinking. It kept me watching.

Any one out there read any good books lately?

Suggestion

No comments: