It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-11-05

Academy

Nat and I went to REI last night. She was looking for the camp toilet bags. She got her own personal camp toilet that we have in the tent. She loves that thing. She needed bags for it. They are heavy duty zip lock bags with chemicals. We walked all over REI after figuring out they were out of the bags. Didn't find anything that I just couldn't live without, especially at their prices. So, we went next door to Academy.

Nat and I are low on funds, but we invested in a propane tent heater. I had no idea there were so many different versions of these things. We ended up buying one that was more than just a couple of bits of tube and a nozzle. I've seen people just open the valve on a propane tank and light the jet on fire. The one we settled on is designed to mount on one of the little propane bottles, but of course there are ways to hook it straight to a full sized bottle.

I also picked up a new universal belt sheath for my Gerber multitool. The sheath that came with gave great service, but has simply worn out after about three years of continuous ware. I am not kind to my accessories. The tool looks brand new. I use it every day. The new sheath has a nice belt clip and a backup carabiner which I hook to a belt loop. It is too big. The Gerber is flush with the top of the case and is impossible to grab. I had to stuff something in the bottom of the sheath to prop it up. I used a boot lace because I wanted to have something in there that was useful. I didn't have any paracord on hand.

I really want one of the new Leatherman tools with the interchangeable screwdriver tips. Drool! The couple of different versions I noticed also have knife blades that you can use without opening the tool. They have saws as well. I've been watching some YouTube videos of how useful those little saws are. May have to drop a hint near Christmas on that one.

Someone at work was complaining that they could not find a red LED headlamp at REI. I couldn't find one either. Red gives you light without ruining your night vision. Academy had two from Energizer that looked cheap, but passable. I really need not go back to either store any time soon. We are broke and need to conserve every dime at the moment. We road home on a new set of tires. That is Christmas I suppose.

No comments: