It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-01-28

Web Hits

The other day, i was feeling down. I asked god for a sign. That is a bad thing to do I know, but I did it any way. I was about to check my hits on my blog. I said "If life is bad, then my hits will be down. If the hits are up, then life is good. If they are the same, then I'll just go to bed." I know this is a rood thing to ask if God. I fully expected the hits to be right about the same and to head off to bed in my depressed stooper.

I normally have a few less than 20 per day. That is not bad I've found out for a blog that has no theme and is just background noise on the world wide web. I saw a hockey stick. The last number was 37. Woh, what happened.? I looked in to what caused the numbers. It was exactly the same balance of direct traffic, searches and referring sights that I always have. the numbers were just higher. Nothing to tell me that it was caused by any one page or post.

For example, not long ago I posted about an iPhone fire email that i received. That post even got a few comments. It was a spike in hits. As a matter of fact it was easily the highest number of hits I've gotten in one day. If memory serves it was 96. This is not what happened here. All of those hits showed on one specific post. These recent hits were simply all over the place. It was a simple uprising for one day.

This blip was from Tuesday. Tuesdays are typically flat. When I wen to look at the current day, Wednesday, the numbers looked about normal for a Wednesday. I wander if it was just a blip. I wander if it was the sign I was looking for. I know what I believe.

No comments: