It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-01-20

Got in the new G1

It is the same phone, only a new one. The GPS quit working on my old G1. It had something to do with the piece of tape that came off when we opened up the phone. The tape has metal in it that must be the GPS antenna.

The phone is tight. I assume it is a refurbished model. It feels nice and tight. Looks good. Nat blew out the old phone with the canned air.

It has been fun setting the phone back up. I learned where that setting is that lets you tilt the phone without opening it up. I'd been looking for it. It is right under settings. I don't know how I missed it.

It is in the room charging. It looks like everything works including the GPS. Let me tell you that functionality is required any more on a smart phone. I was sitting in my computer chair and wass able to get a +- 2 m lock on my position from within the house. That is great for a phone with a 1 g antenna.

No comments: