It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-01-15

Day so far

I got up today and couldn't breath worth a dang. For the last couple of weeks, since the first, I've had one or two symptoms of illness. It all started with a sore throat and some chest congestion. That seemed to go away after some expectorants and lots of water. The cold never really went away. I battled it with gargling, the nose flush thing that Nat got me. For a while, it was looking good. Funny how a week can go by between paying attention to these sorts of things.

Last week my health seemed just fine. I had a runny nose and a cough. Nothing big. Then, the last two days, I'm tired and ready to pass out after exertion. My head is stuffed to the ... gills. My throat is raw and my cough is too frightening to describe. I missed Tuesday. I missed today. I hate having missed two sick days this early in the year. It just rubs me wrong.

The doctor gave me an antibiotic and a pill cough medicine. I'm going to continue taking the expectorants and decongestants. They will not conflict with the prescriptions.

The thing that seems to have given me a second lease on life is the steroid shot. My god I feel fantastic. Well, compared to how I felt a couple hours ago. my symptoms are still there, but I don't care. I have some energy and my back stopped hurting. It is a good thing those shots are not readily available. The abuse would be proliferate.

It cost $103 if memory serves to get out of CVS. They carry polarized fit over sunglasses. I'll have to remember that. I wonder if the Democratic Republic of Obama health care plan will help that cost out in the future. Somehow I doubt it.

No comments: