It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-12-24

Very Local News

  • Government Twitter
    • Tweet congress (U. S. Congress Twitter links).
    • Twist (UK parliament Twitter links)
  • I'm so glad I never got my own .com or .whatever domain name. Once you are in the whole database, you get spammed and become target for all kinds of phishing attacks.
  • More search is done on YouTube than on Yahoo. If YouTube were still a separate entity, it would be the number two search engine.
  • The Google Docs interface is poor. I just don't like it. In order to save the CSS (style sheets) from one document to another, I have to bring up an old document and do a 'save as copy'. That is just for crap. I want to have templates. That sounds doable. Come Google. Templates. I'm not asking for mail merge. Oh, well. Microsoft's online office suite is coming soon. Not that it will work on Linux. Not that it will be free.
  • Google gave employees a phone that runs the Google OS for Christmas in place of a $1000 bonus. I wonder if that includes a contract. "Thanks for the year of bills boss."
  • A dog can cost $20,000 over its lifetime.
  • Obama will take the oath of office on the same bible that Lincoln used. It is Lincoln's 200'th birthday next year. That is a happy thought and a sad one.
  • A gang in Guatemala went through the local phone book and threatened people to either pay up or they would come over and beat them up. The police did little or nothing. The locals made a militia. Six gang members were burned to death in a public street. Crime dropped. The police are going after the militia members. The term "social cleansing" is used.
  • I listened to a song today at work called "Because I got high".It makes me feel just that little bit better about myself.

No comments: