It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-12-05

Very Local News

  • One of the guys at work brings in a gallon of milk every week or so. He says it is the same price for a gallon or a half gallon. He doesn't use it all so this lets him share. I got some real milk for my coffee this morning. it was awesome. Every sip is better with real milk. We got in to a discussion about Coffee Mate. We had both been hooked on Coffee mate at different times. Nat brought home some coffee mate recently. I'm quite sure I'll have a pot this weekend. Maybe two.
  • One of the folks being interviewed about the financial problems lately said (from memory) "I'm sure the recession will last for more than a year." Isn't that a depression? I thought the difference was two quarters for a recession and four quarters for a depression. I must have been misinformed.
  • Car sales are down as much as 80% in parts of Europe. How is the industry expected to deal with that. People are just sitting there and not buying a new car.
    • People want a million miles to the gallon without paying the lame-car tax.
    • People cant get a loan.
    • People don't want to spend money they have.
    • People don't want a new commitment when they are worried about their jobs.
  • Bill O'Reilly gives phone numbers of the offices of politicians who piss him off on his show. I like that. Giv'em hell Bill!
  • One of the social networks that aloud adult content is closing down all the adult content. Not due to any kind of moral problem. It boils down to two things. the advertisers are bitching and the policing of copy righted material is too much effort. Not sure I care.
  • Quotes.from Advanced Banter, a book being reviewed on a podcast from Simon Mayo. (all are from memory)
    • "I"m on a whiskey diet. I've lost three days already."
    • "We spend the first twelve months of our children's lives encouraging them to walk and talk. We spend the next twelve years telling them to shut up and sit down."
    • "Never raise your hand to a child. It leaves your midsection unprotected."
    • "I know exactly what people want, damned if I'm going to give it to them." Some executive at the BBC.
  • One of the podcasts started with "And now politics in Italy." I cracked up before hearing the rest of the paragraph. Italy has the most interesting politics. The mayor of Rome is a right-wing street fighter.  He refused for a long time to condemn Fascism. I like another one from the same story. "Even the left has turned anti-immigrant [in Italy]."
  • Tea time, afternoon break, consisted of working out the Hertz frequency formula for octaves and notes between notes as a formula of A (440 Hertz). Ken did the math. Justin and Lance contributed musical experience and their engineering background. I had a pen.
  •  Left work at 17:00 so no work window sunset today.

No comments: