It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-12-04

Very Local News

  • I use Thunderbird at work for email. It uses Mozilla as an HTML editor. The spell checker in Mozilla is different than the spell checker in Thunderbird. When I am typing words get underlined as I type that get caught by the Mozilla spell checker. I add them as needed. However, I have Thunderbird set up to check spelling when I click send. This has saved me embarrassment more than once. I need to add the words again. Annoying.
  • There is a disabled man who only has reliable control of one thumb. He makes a living in Second Life. Hell, he is probably an acrobat.
  • GM says it needs 4 billion dollars to make it to New Years. What happened?
  • A big CEO making a dollar a year is nothing. They get other compensation in fifty different ways. Their salary is just a drop in the bucket. AIG took many billions of tax payer dollars as a bail out. One of the primary conditions was "no bonuses to executives". AIG is handing out multi-million dollar "retention payments" to top execs. There are any number of ways around rules.
  • Female stock analysts tend to get things right more often than male.
  • Health care is adding jobs right now. It is one of the few industries consistently adding jobs at the moment. Not many can say that. Education is one other adding jobs right now.
  • Yugo - Out of business.
    • How do you double the value of a Yugo? Put some gas in it. (not as funny as it was in the nineties.
    • What do you call the shock absorbers in a Yugo? Passengers.
    • Yugo, for the kind of person who wants a car manufactured at gun point.
    • Yugo probably went out of business because the market for really cheap, really shitty cars is over filled right now.
  •  I worked through lunch and break today. No big deal. At least I get a lunch and a break at this job. I'm glad it is the exception here. I've worked places where it was expected.
 

No comments: